In Dec 2019 Buckinghamshire County Council started the parking review in the Amersham area (yellow lines, parking bays) across 49 roads. The purpose of the review is to see if new parking controls are needed or if the current controls need to be changed.
They have started from looking at roads where residents and others have reported parking problems to their local councillors and local councils. Based on this information the parking engineers have made maps that show a possible solution:
For your convenience Old Amersham maps are listed below:
- TRO Tile V 47 (PDF 346KB) – High St, Market Sq, Church St, The Broadway
- TRO Tile U 46 (PDF 254KB) – Mill Ln, School Ln, High St
- TRO Tile U 47 (PDF 217KB) – High St
- TRO Tile V 46 (PDF 263KB) – School Ln
- TRO Tile V 48 (PDF 304KB) – Whielden St
Now they are asking residents and others for their views by taking part in the Informal Consultation which is currently open and will run to Tue 14 Jan 2020. There are three ways to have your say:
- fill in online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/amersham
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to Transport for Bucks, Aylesbury Vale Area Office, Corrib Industrial Park, Griffin Lane, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 8BP
Next steps will be the Official Public Consultation followed by the Approval of the Council’s Cabinet Member for Transport with Implementation stage currently set for late 2020.