Please find below information about forthcoming events in Amersham. At present the Society’s lectures are organised by Zoom. We hope to return to the Kings Chapel once the pandemic is under control and it is safe to do so.
The Society’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Wed 27 Oct 2021 on Zoom. The ‘meeting room’ will open at 7.45pm, the AGM will start at 8.00pm sharp and it will be followed by a talk at 8.30pm.
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting and business arising.
- Chairman’s Annual Report.
- Treasurer’s Report and Statement of Accounts.
- Election of Committee Members and Officers. *
- Proposed change to the constitution.
The committee asks the membership to approve the following change to the constitution. It is proposed to amend item 10 paragraph 2 to read:
- Election of Independent Examiner of the Accounts.
- Any other business.
The talk will be given by Lisa Trivett, a director of Scannappeal. Scannappeal is a local charity that raises money for the state of the art life saving equipment for Wycombe, Stoke Mandeville, Amersham and community hospitals in Buckinghamshire. Since it was established in 1987 it has raised over £15 million.
* Election of committee Members and Officers Nominations should be sent by 20 Oct to the Hon Secretary at 162 High Street, Amersham, HP7 0EG.
We have always very much enjoyed naturalist and photographer John Tyler’s talks and his keen observations on the natural world around us. We are delighted that John is able to pay a return visit to the Amersham Society for our last talk this year.
In this talk we will travel through a hundred million years, from warm seas, through Ice Ages, tundra and forest to the farmland and beechwoods of today, to follow the story of the Chiltern landscape and its wildlife.
The talk starts at 8.00pm. If you wish to participate in the meeting please email to email@example.com requesting the invitation.