Did you know that
• Chiltern District Council must produce a Local Plan by early 2017 or the Government will step in and impose one?
• Chiltern DC is working with South Bucks DC to produce one?
• They estimate that there will be a need for 14 700 new dwellings in the area by 2036?
• They have been reviewing green belt sites to see whether they could be released for housing?
• The deadline for responses is 5.0 pm, 12th December?
See http://www.chiltern.gov.uk/planning/localplan2014-2036.The Options they are considering include allowing building to take place on two areas of green belt around Old Amersham:
• parts of the large field to the east of the whole length of Whielden Street (part of the green ring around the Conservation Area);
• parts of the fields to the south of London Road, between Gore Hill and Stanley Hill, including next to the historic Bury Farm.
The Amersham Society is producing a response.
The Society has organised an open meeting on Wednesday 7 December 2016 at the King’s Chapel, King’s Arms Hotel, High Street, Old Amersham.
All are welcome at this meeting to learn more about the Council’s proposals and to review and improve the Amersham Society’s response about preserving Amersham’s unique heritage and environment. Contribute your own thoughts and learn what you might usefully say in your own personal response.
Coffee/tea and biscuits will be served from 7.30pm, with the meeting starting at 8.0 pm. Please bring your friends and neighbours, no booking is necessary – just turn up. The cost of entrance will be £2 for members and £3 for non-members.