In 1982 the Society was authorised to reproduce Thomas King’s “History of Amersham” to raise funds for the Museum. Today we are publishing it online to promote an interest in the history of the town and the surrounding area.
The History was originally printed in T.H. King’s Family Almanack in 1887 and then reprinted by E. Thos. King in 1906. Ebenezer Thomas King, a chemist and druggist of Market Square, Amersham, was the eldest son of the Thomas Howes King to whose business he, as former manager, succeeded in 1902.
The online version is the Society’s reproduction of the 1906 edition: